Frontier Resources Ltd is focussed on mineral exploration in Papua New Guinea for intrusive related high grade gold, copper+/- gold +/-molybdenum porphyry, poly-metallic skarn and epithermal gold deposits.
The Company has a 100% interest in the Bulago, East New Britain and Central New Britain Exploration Licences (ELs) and the Andewa Exploration Licence Application (ELA).
Drill testing is currently underway at the high grade gold Swit Kia Prospect (formerly Suguma), EL 1595 – Bulago.
· Exploration in April 2014 at the Swit Kia Prospect (formerly Suguma), EL 1595 - Bulago, Hela Province was highly successful. The program concentrated on the Upper Zone gold mineralisation, with limited work on the Lower Zone.
· The intensity of brecciation and alteration at the Upper Zone suggests it is closer to a major mineralising conduit, and the very strongly brecciated and silica- sericite altered arsenopyrite- pyrite mineralised, E-W to ESE-WNW trending + moderate SW plunging zones are open along strike to the west and east and down dip/plunge.
· Upper Zone Trench 1 was sampled on a 1.0m and 0.5m down-outcrop basis and it has 5 zones for a cumulative total of 7m with >100 g/t gold (weighted average for the non-contiguous 5 zones =240 g/t gold). Trench 7 was slightly oblique to strike and it further defined the high grade zone with 10.0m grading 89.8 g/t gold (including 1.0m of 283.5 g/t), plus 3m of 69.2 g/t gold at its western end. The strike extension of the Upper Zone 125m to the east returned 2m grading 195.0 g/t gold.
· The Lower Zone assay results included peaks of 0.4m grading 293.5 g/t gold and 0.3m grading 197.0 g/t gold, plus 11 samples with >25 g/t gold and 13 additional assays > 1.0 g/t gold. The Lower Zone's East Creek strike extension returned 3.0m grading 45.17 g/t gold.
· The maximum strike length of both zones will be further defined with additional trenching in the eastern and western sectors to further demonstrate the continuity and grade of the high-grade gold mineralisation.
· Drill testing is strongly warranted at the Lower Zone and to test both strike extensions. This work will be undertaken as possible.
Please see the ASX Announcements page for all exploration results.